Invisalign User Generated Content Terms and Conditions
In these User Generated Content (“UGC”) Terms and Conditions, “we”, “us”, and “our” refers to Align Technology, Inc. (or any of its affiliated companies as appropriate.)
We are proud of the smiles that we help transform. With your permission, we may USE OR REPUBLISH YOUR POSTED TEXT, PHOTO, VIDEO OR OTHER MATERIALS (collectively "CONTENT") as outlined below. Examples of where this content may be used are: Invisalign.com.sg, or any of the official Invisalign websites & Invisalign Live social media platforms including, but not limited to: Facebook, Pinterest, Google, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr.
By posting or otherwise making available any Content on a public social media platform about your Invisalign experience and responding “yes” if we ask for your permission to repost Content on our owned channels, including, but not limited to, the ones mentioned above, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
You represent and warrant that:
- You are at least thirteen (13) years of age;
- You have the full power and authority to agree to these UGC Terms and Conditions;
- The Content is your own original creation and has not been pulled from or copied from another website, social media posting or elsewhere, and that the Content does not contain anything that violates the rights of any person or entity;
- You are not an employee, consultant, or brand ambassador of or for Align Technology, Inc. and have not been compensated for your Content;
- You have permission from any and all person(s) (or such person(s) parent or legal guardian where such person is a minor) appearing in the Content to provide us with the rights to use the Content as described in these UGC Terms and Conditions;
- Your upload or post of the Content does not violate any applicable laws or regulations or the terms or requirements of the Social Media platform(s) where you uploaded or posted the Content;
- Our use of your Content as described in these UGC Terms and Conditions will not violate the rights of any person or entity and will not violate any law;
- You confirm and agree that our use of the Photo as described in these UGC Terms and Conditions does not and shall not require any payment to any person or entity, and does not require license, authorization, approval or consent by any other person or entity;
- You or the persons featured in the Content as Invisalign patients are currently undergoing Invisalign treatment or have undergone Invisalign treatment within the past two (2) years;
- The Content does not feature any competing clear aligner or cosmetic dentistry products;
- You have read and agree to abide by the Invisalign Social Media Guidelines found here;
- You have read and agree to abide by all of the terms and conditions herein.
Use of Your Content
You irrevocably grant us, and our parent company, affiliates, licensees, and assigns, a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted right and license throughout the universe to copy, reproduce, modify, edit, adapt, translate, create derivative works of, publish, post, distribute, publicly perform, sublicense, or otherwise provide to others, your Content in any and all media, formats, and channels (now in existence or hereinafter developed) for any purpose, including advertising and commercial purposes. You agree that we have no obligation to use the Content or your name or other identifying information. Use of the Content does not imply our endorsement of or any affiliation with you.
You will retain all ownership of the Content (subject to the license granted herein). By approving the use of the Content, you waive (i) any right to review, inspect or approve the use of the Content in any format or media, whether that use is known to you or not; and (ii) any right to royalties or other compensation arising from or related to our use of the Content.
You shall be liable for, and agree to indemnify and hold us or any affiliate or licensee and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from and against, any and all claims, actions, liabilities, losses, damages, expenses (including reasonable legal expenses) incurred by us or any other indemnified party which arise directly or indirectly from (i) a breach by you of your obligations, representations or warranties under these UGC Terms and Conditions; (ii) your violation or misappropriation of any applicable law, regulation, or the copyrights, trademark rights or other rights of any third party.
To review our Privacy Statement, please visit www.invisalign.com.sg/privacy-policy.
We will make every effort to credit you as the author/source of the content by referring to your Social Media Platform handle, name, or identifier. To request the takedown of any Content that you feel was posted without your permission or consent, please send an email to marketingSEA@aligntech.com with the following information:
- Identification of and link to the Content you would like removed; and
- Your name, contact information, and connection to the piece of content to be removed.
These UGC Terms and Conditions represent the entire agreement between us with respect to the Content, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous agreements, understandings or arrangements whether oral or written, express or implied. No modifications, amendments or waivers will be effective unless in writing and signed by both parties.
These UGC Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore without regard to its conflict of law provisions.